What you’ll need…
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 litres (good quality) chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons ginger, shredded or grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli (I added more mmmmm)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt & pepper
How to Make Chicken Detox Soup
- To make this is simple as possible put the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, carrots, ginger, garlic & chicken breasts (whole) in the slow cooker first for 1 hour on high.
- Add broth, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric & 1 teaspoon sea salt for 2 hours.
- Check to see if the chicken is cooked & when it is shred it using two forks & stir it back into the soup. Add broccoli, peas & parsley. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt & pepper as needed. Try it hot & save (or freeze) the rest for later!
Things I added on different days to keep it interesting…
Slightly cooked tomatoes
I’m sure you’ll come up with great idea, let me know.
Inspired by & adapted from www.aspicyperspective.com
Also go there for instructions on how to cook if you don’t want to use your slow cooker x